The Housing and Planning Act 2016 came into force in May 2016 and it included the introduction of measures to make it a legal requirement for landlords to carry out:
1) A fixed wire test (also known as an Electrical Installation Condition Report) every 5 years
2) A visual condition report on an annual basis/every change of tenancy
3) An annual PAT test
As yet, there is no confirmed date for the implementation of these legal requirements however as an agency we already:
1) Arrange annual PAT testing on all managed properties
2) Carry out a basic visual inspection of electrical installations on check in of tenants
3) Are rolling out a fixed wire testing schedule across all managed properties in 2018 in readiness for the new legislation.